The All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) staged a protest at Judges Field, Guwahati on Tuesday against the recent price hike of essential commodities.
The AASU targeted Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, and Supply Minister Phani Bhusan Choudhury.
With slogans like ‘BJP go back’, ‘stop price hike’, ‘BJP murdabad’, and ‘Phani Bhusan murdabad’ accompanied by clapping and beating thalis, the protest mainly centered on the recent price hike
A representative of AASU warned that they will be forced to take further actions if the government doesn’t take proper action against the price hike.
On Saturday, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) unit of Lakhimpur district also staged a protest against the sky-rocketing prices of essential commodities. They also accused the state government of their failure to mitigate the problem.
- NEP 2020 gives national perspective to education of tribals: Arjun Munda
- Indian diaspora has distinguished itself across the world: Modi
- Tripura: Melaghar HS School becomes first earthquake resistance school
- Bangladeshi national gets 5-yr jail term for illegal stay in India
- Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra meets Abhinav Bindra
- ‘My Universe’: ARMY react to BTS in LV and Coldplay in hanboks