Imphal: In the last 24 hours, nine more persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the virus in Manipur, the highest fatality in a single-day in the state so far.
As per the latest health bulletin, five persons from Imphal West (one female, four male), three from Thoubal (two female, one male) and one from Bishnupur (male) districts died due to coronavirus at Raj Medicity, RIMS and JNIMS Hospitals.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the total deaths toll in the state stands at 180. Manipur first reported COVID-19 related death on July 29 with a 56-year-old man from Khongjom in Thoubal district at RIMS Hospital.
Meanwhile, as many as 341 persons which include 313 from the general population and 28 personnel from Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) were tested COVID-19 positive while 278 infected patients recovered.
Now, the total confirmed cases for coronavirus in Manipur has pushed to 19,091, whereas the recovered and active cases stand at 15,343 and 3,568, respectively.
The overall recovery rate, as on November 2, is 80.36 per cent, it said.
The latest cases from the general population are locals with no travel history. They are reported from Imphal West (149), Imphal East (78), Thoubal (43), Tamenglong (22), Bishnupur (9), Tengnoupal (4), Senapati (3), Kangpokpi (2), Noney (2) and Ukhrul (1) districts.
They were shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities and necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, said Dr Mangang in a statement.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first