On Monday morning, five members of a family in Gossaigaon under Kokrajhar district died by suicide. According to Kokrajhar police officials, the head of the family, his wife, and their three girl children were found dead today morning.
The members of the family were identified as Nirmal Paul, the head of the family aged 52, his wife Mollika Paul (45), their daughters Puja Paul (25), Neha Paul (17), and Sneha Paul (15).
The neighbours were the first to know about the situation after they did not see any of the family members on Monday morning. The neighbours then went to the house, only to find the family members already dead.
A team of high-level police officials including the sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) of Gossaigaon and the officer-in-charge of Gossaigaon police station reached the spot of the incident. According to one of the officials, an investigation is underway.
Additionally, the neighbours informed that Nirmal was working as a sub-agent of Bharat Gas at Tulsibeel Market. They allege that he was under mental pressure due to the debts he had incurred in his business.
The eldest daughter, Puja was a teacher at Tulsibeel Jatiya Vidyalaya. The second daughter, Neha was a second-year student of higher secondary, and the third child Sneha was studying in Class X.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali