The Chennai Super Kings bowlers were all over the KXIP batsmen for a major part of the innings as they ripped through the top order, only to face some late resilience from Deepak Hooda that helped KXIP post a competitive total
Put into bat first after losing the toss, Kings XI Punjab(KXIP) got off to a decent kind of a start with their openers KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal adding 48 runs for the first wicket.
Mayank Agarwal played a quick knock of 26 off just 15 deliveries before he was bowled by Lungi Ngidi in the 6th over. Mayank’s dismissal was followed by three quick wickets.
KXIP skipper Rahul became a victim of Lungi Ngidi and was bowled in the 9th over and Nicholas Pooran was dismissed cheaply in the very next over by Shardul Thakur, followed by Imran Tahir dismissing the dangerous Chris Gayle in the 11th over, reducing KXIP to a huge spot of bother with 73/4 after 11 overs.
The Kings XI lost 4 wickets for just 25 runs and using up 39 deliveries.
Deepak Hooda played a fighting knock towards the later part of the Punjab innings as he brought up his first half-century of the season.
Hooda smashed an unbeaten 62 off just 30 deliveries as he eventually took the Kings XI to a fighting total of 153/6 at the end of their 20 overs, a score which seemed highly difficult at the halfway mark for the KIngs XI.
Second innings follow soon….
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market