Guwahati: Assam education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma laid foundation stones for schools in Biswanath Chariali and Rangapara on Sunday.
This comes ahead of the upcoming 2021 state assembly elections. Yesterday, the state announced that it would set up 119 new Model Education Schools for the wards of tea garden workers.
The foundation stone of first school was laid at Sakomatha Tea Garden at Biswanath Chariali, followed Model High School at Pratapgarh Tea Garden. He was accompanied by minister Ranjit Dutta, MP Pallab Lochan Das and other MLAs.
He also laid foundation stones for Model High Schools at Tezpur Ghagra, Rupajuli and Sonajuli tea gardens in Rangapara constituency.
- Take CAA back or exempt Assam, Tripura & Meghalaya: TIPRA Chairman
- WATCH: Arunachal toddlers consoling fellow mate will melt your heart
- Nagaland logs 14 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Bad weather prompts Naidu to postpone Sikkim visit by two days
- 65 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death in Meghalaya
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 20