Guwahati: At least 14 shops were gutted after a fire broke out at a market in Pandu area of Guwahati on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday.
According to reports, no casualty have been reported so far. However, goods worth lakhs have been burnt to ashes, and 9 shops completely ruined.
About 15 firefighters were present on site to control the fire.
A short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire, however, the exact cause is yet to be determined.
Meanwhile, fire authorities are executing the loss assesment.
(This is a developing story. More details are awaited.)
- 7 Manipur footballers make it to national team for Asian Cup 2022
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?