The legendary Scottish actor Sir Sean Connery, famously known for his portrayal of James Bond in seven franchises, passed away at the age of 90 on October 31.
Connery died overnight in his sleep while he was in the Bahamas. He had been unwell for quite some time.
His decades-long acting career had brought him many awards and recognitions, including an Oscar, two Bafta Awards, and three Golden Globes. He was knighted in the year 2000.
Connery was regarded by many as being the best actor to have played the spy agent 007 in the long-running franchise. His other films included ‘The Hunt for Red October’, ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’, and ‘The Rock.’
He got an Oscar nomination for the best supporting actor for his role as an Irish cop in ‘The Untouchables.’
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA
- Assam: Chenga MLA Ashraful Hussain accused of kidnapping, harassing girl
- Meghalaya 2023: Crowd throngs DC office during nomination scrutiny
- BJP-ruled Tripura got development at speed of bullet train: Yogi at rally
- It is clear PM Modi protecting Adani: Rahul Gandhi
- Mizoram CM’s brother among six sentenced to jail in corruption case