Apart from saving lives, NDRF has taken on an additional task upon themselves, of spreading awareness about COVID-19. Inspector Abhijeet Verma along with 4 others held one such camp in Palasbari area, Kamrup district on Friday.
The rescue heroes imparted knowledge on the highly contagious infection and its preventive measures. They also instructed locals on the proper use of mask, hand hygiene and social distancing.
The team also distributed surgical face mask to the attendees. They also took a pledge on following COVID-19 safety precautions.
On how did NDRF manage to conduct its operations during Assam floods in between the pandemic, Insp Verma said, they received specialised body protection kits, and special COVID-19 safety training before going out for the rescue missions.
Further, COVID-19 awareness camps are being undertaken by them across the state. Several camps have already been held in Jorhat, Silchar, Kamrup, Bongaigaon, Barpeta districts etc.
- Those celebrating Pak win vs India to be jailed: J-K BJP chief
- Israel to expand partnership with Indian academic institutions
- Manipur’s Mirabai Chanu has sight set on second world championship title
- Sikkim: NH 10 restored after 8 days of disruption
- Arunachal CM visits Tawang, interacts with India Army jawans
- Rahul Dravid formally applies for head coach’s post; Laxman in fray for NCA?