Imphal: To combat the spread of coronavirus, Manipur continued to increase testing for COVID-19 in the state.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the state has adequate stock of testing kits for RT-PCR, TrueNat and Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
His clarification came following reports of COVID-19 testing kits running low in the state.
So far, 4,26,307 persons have been screened at various entry points to the state. 3,47,026 were tested for COVID-19, out of which 18,051 tested positive of the virus.
On Thursday, at least 242 new COVID-19 cases (232 locals, 10 security personnel) were reported; while four more persons succumbed to the virus.
The latest victims (one female, three male) were reported from Imphal East (3) and Imphal West (1) districts and they were declared dead at RIMS, JNIMS and Shija hospitals.
With this, the deaths toll related to COVID-19 in Manipur is 160.
Meanwhile, all the newly-infected persons are locally transmitted cases with no travel history to other states, said Dr Mangang.
They are from the districts of Imphal West (103), Imphal East (49), Thoubal (3), Tengnoupal (4), Kangpokpi (2), Ukhrul (4), Bishnupur (15), Kakching (6), Senapati (1), Churachandpur (7), Tamenglong (23), Jiribam (9), Noney (1) and Chandel (5).
In the last 24 hours, another 163 persons were discharged, taking the total recovered cases to 13,583 while 4,308 people remained as active for COVID-19 cases.
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines
- Sikkim: Bagdogra-Gangtok helicopter service doubled as NH 10 cut off
- Aryan Khan moves Bombay HC for bail in cruise drugs case
- White House details plans to vaccinate 28M children age 5-11