After protests from right-wing organisations, Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani’s much-awaited film Laxmmi Bomb’ has been renamed to Laxmii.
According to reports, days before its release on OTT platform Disney+ Hotstar VIP, Karni Sena had sent a legal notice to the makers demanding a change in the movie title.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh confirmed the news about the title change. He tweeted, “NEW DEVELOPMENT… #LaxmmiBomb title changed… New title: #Laxmii… Premieres 9 Nov 2020 on #DisneyPlusHotstarVIP… Stars #AkshayKumar and #KiaraAdvani.”
Directed by Raghava Lawrence, the horror-comedy is a remake of 2011 Tamil film, Kanchana, which was also directed by Lawrence. Laxmii marks his directorial debut in Bollywood.
It is also being reported that after the film went for its censor certificate, the makers discussed with Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), and decided to change the name keeping in mind and respecting religious sentiments.
Akshya Kumar plays the characters of Asif, who is visiting his in-laws to impress them. However, he gets possessed by the spirit of a transgender person.
The film is set to premiere on November 9 on Disney+ Hotstar VIP and is produced by Cape of Good Films, Tusshar Entertainment House and Shabinaa Entertainment.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands