Internationally acclaim Assam actor Adil Hussian has been chosen for a crucial part in British-Indian feature film Footprints of Water.
The movie is based on the story of an illegal immigrant father in the UK who is frantically searching for his missing daughter while avoiding the police radar. Hussain will portray the character of the father.
Meanwhile, actor Antonio Aakeel of Eaten By Lions fame will play the role of an Afghani refugee.
Confirming the news, Hussain tweeted, “This is a role that I am eagerly waiting to breathe life into. Wish us luck please. Shooting starts in Birmingham in December. Director @nathaliasyam thank you (sic)”
Written by Neetha Syam, and to be directed by Nathalia Syam, the film will portray the lives of immigrants from across nationalities who come to the UK in the hope of changing their lives for good.
Actor Adil Hussain has a carved a unique space for himself outside Bollywood and regional cinema. He was in Star Trek: Discovery; Life of Pi among other films.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines