After around two decades of anticipation and speculation over superstar Rajinikanth’s political debut, it now seems as if the legend might call it a quit without even taking the plunge.
If reports are to be believed, a note purportedly authored by the superstar himself has been making the rounds in the Tamil Nadu political space, where Rajinikanth has allegedly cited that the COVID-19 pandemic , his health condition, age and uncertainty over the availability of vaccines are a few reasons for him deciding to quit politics.
Rajinikanth, however, seeks to appear brave in the communique. “I do not fear for my life. I am more concerned about people’s welfare. To usher in the political change I had promised, I have to plunge actively into the political field. Midway through if my health deteriorates, it could pose fresh challenges to the political process itself,” read the leaked message, allegedly from the superstar.
However, neither Rajinikanth nor anyone close to him are yet to confirm the authenticity of the note, with his public relations officer Riaz K Ahmed saying, “No official statement issued by sir,”.
Rajinikanth, who was shooting his latest film “Annathe”, when the pandemic struck, still has one more scheduled to complete for the film being produced by Sun Pictures. Sun Pictures has reportedly postponed the further shooting of the movie which was scheduled to take place in the Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad.
- 7 Manipur footballers make it to national team for Asian Cup 2022
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?