Agartala: Tripura Police arrested a 27-year-old woman on Tuesday days after she allegedly threw acid at her male friend on October 19 in Khowai.
A police officer said who did not want to be identified said Khowai police station received a complaint from Ephil Santhal, brother of the victim, Soumen Santhal (30) on Monday.
This officer said the victim and Binata Santhal, the accused were in a relationship for around nine years. Soumen Santhal had been ignoring her since 2018.
Police said Santhal refused to marry her after the couple lived together for eight years in Pune where the accused worked as a househelp and the victim completed his graduation.
Police said the accused had returned to Khowai from Ranchi where she had been working since 2018 on September 20. She found Santhal at his home finally on October 19 and asked him to marry her. Santhal did not agree to it.
“There was an altercation and the woman slapped him (Santhal). He pushed her in retaliation,” the police official said.
“The woman annoyed over his denial threw the acid on his face and left the place,” the police official said. Santhal was rushed to Khowai district hospital where the doctors referred him to GBP hospital.
The two had met in school. While Soumen Santhal completed his higher secondary education from Belchara, the Binata dropped out after class eighth.
Police informed that she was sent to 14 days of judicial custody while Soumen Santhal is undergoing treatment in GBP hospital Agartala.
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances