Shillong: Following the Meghalaya government’s decision to allow all driving schools in the State to resume operations effective October 26, the Commissioner & Secretary of the Transport Department, has issued the following SOPs for all schools to strictly adhere to.
1. All driving schools shall ensure that they have a thermal scanner, sanitizer and a register to enter the names of the visitors at the entrance of the driving schools, however schools in the containment zones shall remain closed. Only those outside containment zones will be allowed to open.
2. Driving Schools shall ensure observance of social distancing, compulsory wearing of masks, cough and sneeze etiquette by all students.
3. Persons above 65 years of age, persons with com-morbidities and pregnant women are not to be allowed attend driving classes. Organisations managing the driving schools shall advise all the instructors/trainers, trainees, staff members accordingly.
4. Guidelines on preventive measures about Covid-19 shall be displayed prominently in the premises of the Driving School.
5. There shall be sufficient time gap between the consecutive theory classes. Lengthy classroom sessions shall be avoided. Reading materials and case studies etc., shall be made available to the trainees so as to reduce the classroom time.
6. Class timings shall be staggered to avoid crowding of trainees at any point of time.
7. The maximum capacity per learning session in the learning classrooms shall be calculated based on the floor space available and the number of persons per training session shall be restricted by adhering to the social distancing norms.
8. All classrooms, staff rooms, offices, training classrooms, traffic education rooms, common areas, washrooms and all other frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, handles etc.,) shall be thoroughly cleaned/disinfected using clinically approved disinfectants after each session.
9. Staff residing in the containment zone shall not attend to work till containment zone is de-notified.
10. Housekeeping staff to be informed and trained about norms for waste management and disposal.
11. The institute shall promote card based/ contactless payment for all financial transactions.
12. Sufficient ventilation shall be ensured in the lecture halls/classrooms and air conditioners shall be avoided.
13. If any trainee/ faculty exhibits symptoms including fever/cough/sore/throat/influenza like symptoms, the concerned institutions shall observe the following additional precautions:-
a. Place the ill person in a room or area where they are isolated from others.
b. Provide a mask/face cover till such time he/ she is examined by a doctor.
c. Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the State or District Helpline.
d. A risk assessment will be undertaken by the designated public health authority (District Rapid Response Team/treating physician) and further action will be initiated regarding management of cases, his/her contacts and need for disinfection.
e. The driving school premises shall be closed for disinfection for 48 hours if the person is found positive.
Instruction to Driving Schools for In-Vehicle training:-
I. All instructors/trainers and trainees are to compulsorily wear masks, sanitize their hands and wear hand gloves before they enter the training imparting vehicles.
II. The management of the Driving Schools shall ensure that hand sanitizers, face mask, hand gloves etc., are available in all training imparting vehicles.
III. All training imparting vehicles shall be disinfected before and after every learning session.
IV. All the trainees shall be subject to thermal screening before they are allowed into training imparting vehicles.
V. If any trainee/faculty exhibits symptoms including fever/cough/sore throat/ influenza like symptoms, the instructions contained in Para 13 above are to be followed strictly.
VI. Separate time slots are to be provided to the trainees to allow for adequate physical and social distancing in the training vehicles.
VII. The windows of the training imparting vehicle shall be kept open during the learning session at all times. Air conditioners shall not be used.
VIII. Only three persons, including the instructor are to be allowed inside the training imparting vehicle to take part in the driving classes. In addition to these SOPs, all driving schools shall scrupulously follow all directions issued by the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Meghalaya from time to time.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines