Imphal: Newly elected BJP MLA Ginsuanhau Zou was sworn-in as a member of Manipur Legislative Assembly on Wednesday.
The Speaker, Yumnam Khhemchand administered the oath of office in secrecy in the presence of other members while maintaining COVID-19 SoPs.
Ginsuanhau was elected unopposed from Singhat assembly constituency after his opponent withdrew from the by-election.
The Opposition Congress did not field candidate in the Singhat AC.
Speaking with media persons after the ceremony, Zou expressed his gratitude to his party and chief minister N Biren Singh for their effort.
“By the grace of God and his will, I got elected as an MLA. And also, with the blessings and love from the 26,000 voters from my Singhat constituency, I was elected as unopposed,” said Zou.
Zou promised to do his best for the development of his constituency; This is his third win. He was first elected on a Congress ticket in 2012 and re-elected in the 2017 assembly election.
Zou later joined the BJP along with four other Congressmen for which he was disqualified under the anti-defection law in August.
The by-election for the remaining four ACs will be held on November 7.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence