A stage singer was injured in a celebratory firing in a BJP leader’s residence in Uttar Pradesh’s Ballia district. The celebration was apparently for a birthday party and the male singer was hit twice.
Police officials state that the singer- Golu Raja was performing on Monday in Mahakalpur village at the residence of Bhanu Dubey. He is the vice-president of the district Bharatiya Janata Yuba Morcha, the youth wing of BJP.
The celebration was the birthday of Dubey’s son and while amid the song and dance, police officials stated that around seven to eight people started to fire their guns. During that point Raja was performing on the stage and was hit by two bullets- one in his stomach and the other in his hand fracturing the bone.
A video of the incident has been doing its rounds on social media shows how Raja in the middle of singing ran down the stage as gunshots echoed in the party. One can see how shaken the Bhojpuri singer was as he ran down from the stage after being hit twice.
Police officials arrived in the venue to probe into the incident and Devendra Nath, Superintendent of Police (SP) said that they are yet to name the person who shot Raja. He added that the shots were fired from a licensed revolver and the singer was taken to Varanasi to remove the bullets surgically. He is out of danger as of now said Nath.
A similar incident happened on October 5 in Bansakha village of UP’s Banda district where a 55-year-old woman was killed and a minor girl injured.
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules