Imphal: COVID-19 deaths in Manipur has jumped to 150 with six more persons succumbing to the virus in the last 24 hours.
As per the latest bulletin issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room, the six deaths were reported from Kangpokpi (female), Imphal West (one female, two male) and Churachandpur (one male, one female). They were declared dead at JNIMS, RIMS, Shija hospital, dedicated COVID-19 health center and home isolation, Churachandpur.
Meanwhile, another 180 fresh cases were reported COVID-19 positive on Tuesday (98 male and 82 female). With this, the total confirmed cases for coronavirus in the state reached to 17,604 while the recovered and active cases are 13,208 and 4,246, respectively.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, all the new cases are locals with no significant travel history.
The fresh cases were reported from Imphal West (59), Imphal East (35), Thoubal (21), Tamenglong (23), Churachandpur (12), Tengnoupal (9), Bishnupur (8), Chandel (6), Senapati (3), Kangpokpi (1), Ukhrul (1), Noney (1) and Kamjong (1), respectively.
In the last 24 hours, another 151 infected persons were discharged from a total of 19 COVID-19 care centers. With this, the recovery rate in the stands at 75.02 per cent.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines