Imphal: Altogether five more persons, who had tested positive for COVID-19, have reportedly succumbed to the virus in Manipur on Monday, pushing the fatality tally to 144.
The latest cases are reported from Imphal East district (two male and two female) and one female from Imphal West district. Three of them expired at RIMS and two from JNIMS Hospitals, respectively.
Another 266 cases were reported as new COVID-19 positive in the state with 255 persons from the general population and seven personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
They were confirmed tested positive from 24 testing centers with seven from Imphal West district are returnees and the remaining 248 locals are without travel history to outside the state.
So far, Manipur has recorded with a total number 17,424 as positive cases while 13,057 persons have recovered and 4,223 remained as active cases.
As on October 26, the recovery rate in the state stands as 74.93 per cent with 200 more infected patients were discharged from COVID-19 care centers.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated