The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the venue and schedule details for the playoffs of the ongoing Indian Premier League(IPL).
The IPL which is currently being played in the United Arab Emirates starting from September 19, 2020, will have its Playoffs being played in Dubai and Abu Dhabi from November 5 with the final being played on November 10.
Qualifier 1 of the Indian Premier League will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on November 5 between the top two teams of the points table, winner of which will advance straight into the finals, followed by the Eliminator on November 6 which will be played at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium between the third and fourth placed team in the points table.
Then the Qualifier 2 will be played on October 8 between the loser of Qualifier 1 and the winner of Eliminator at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, following which the winner of the Qualifier 2 will meet the winner of the Qualifier 1 in the final on November 10 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
SCHEDULE of PLAYOFFS
November 5, 2020 – Qualifier 1: Team 1 vs Team 2(Dubai International Cricket Stadium)
November 6, 2020 – Eliminator: Team 3 vs Team 4(Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium)
November 8, 2020 – Qualifier 2: Winner of Eliminator vs Loser of Qualifier 1(Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium)
November 10, 2020 – Final: Winner of Qualifier 1 vs Winner of Qualifier 2(Dubai International Cricket Stadium)
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali