With 36,370 new COVID-19 cases reported in the country within the last 24 hours, India recorded the lowest number of fresh coronavirus cases since mid-July, taking the tally up to 79.46 lakh, as per government data.
India has seen a steady decline in new infection cases keeping an average of 55,000 daily cases since last week, in contrast to the 90,000 cases in average in September which was the peak, based on government data. The data also reflects that the weekly average of daily cases has fallen consistently from about 80,000 in first week of October to currently recording 45,000.
At present, India has 6,25,857 active cases at present with a significant drop of 27,860 in last 24 hours. India has so far treated 72,01,070 coronavirus patients with 63,842 released from COVID-19 facilities in last 24 hours.
On Tuesday, India recorded the lowest freshly reported cases since India had 35,065 new infections on July 17. In September, the country has seen reaching its peak with 100,000 cases in a single day, but since then daily infections have been on been falling steadily.
However, the COVID-19 fatality rate stands at about 1.5 per cent since September. The union health ministry now intends to bring down the rate to below 1 per cent.
Health Ministry data shows that some 488 people died because of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, with the total death count rising to 1,19,502.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal