Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has directed officials to include handling of Assam’s COVID-19 situation and role of Corona Warriors as part of the learning process in education institutes.
The decision was taken during a presentation on SOPs for reopening of schools with Assam CM, and senior officials at Janata Bhawan in Guwahati on Tuesday.
Sonowal also directed officials to ensure that mandatory COVID-19 tests to be carried out for all teaching and non-teaching staff.
Further, taking health into consideration, CM said that students would be given Iron and Folic Acid supplements.
Sonowal tweeted, “To boost immunity of students, Iron and Folic Acid tablets will be provided to students.
Yoga sessions will be conducted in schools following social distancing norms.
A toll-free number will also be provided for doubt clearing sessions.”
Schools and colleges will reopen in Assam from November 2. Joining schools in the state will be a voluntary exercise, as informed by state eductaion minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Also Read: Assam cab operators to block borders on Oct 29 protesting against ‘entry restrictions’
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA
- Education ministry preparing guidelines for students’ mental, emotional wellbeing: Pradhan
- US condemns attack on Indian consulate in San Francisco
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia