As the people of the State tries to enjoy Durga Puja 2020 amid the incessant rains and the COVID-19 pandemic, we are made aware of the possible circulation of fake currency notes.
This came to light after a team of Crime Branch of the Assam Police carried out an operation- based on a tip-off at Milan Path in Guwahati’s Panjabari, Fakjruddin Ali Ahmed Road on Saturday night, resulting in the seizing of fake Indian currency notes (FICN) worth lakhs.
Along with the FICN, the Crime Branch was able to arrest four youths who are identified as Nazrul Hassan, Afzalur Rahman, Nizam Uddin, and Hamid Ali. During the operation, FCIN worth Rs 10 lakhs, a fake note printing machine, a bike, and a number of mobile phones were also seized.
Nizam Uddin is the son of Mofiz Ali of 1 No Islampur under Bihpuria PS in Lakhimpur district and Hamid Ali is the son of Mohammad Ali of 2 No Islampur under Bihpuria police station in Lakhimpur district.
Sources from the Crime Branch said that the racketeers had earlier tried to spread their network across the Northeast. Additionally, they were carrying out their illegal activities using a rented house as their base of operations.
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?
- Development, tribal welfare will be BJP’s poll planks: Tripura CM
- Nagaland polls: BJP releases list of 20 candidates