Also Read: Nagaland: Student bodies condemn murder of minor girl in Dimapur
Kohima: Owning alcohol is risky in Nagaland since it is a banned in the state since 1989. The security forces especially the Assam Rifles is strict on enforcing the ban. Therefore when specific information was received on from Orchid Colony in Wokha on friday they acted swiftly.
The Assam rifles and local police launched a joint operation in the area. All protocals were followed as this is a part of an ongoing crackdown on illegal activities in the state.
The operation was a success and they recovered six cases and eight bottles of rum, one bottle of whisky and 12 cans of Kingfisher beer. They even arrested one person.
The details werer shared by the press officer of IGAR (N) on Saturday.
The arrested person along with the recovered items was been handed over to Wokha Police Station for further investigation.
Also Read: No! The first signs of alcoholic liver damage are not in the liver
Also Read: Maharashtra government to start home delivery of alcohol
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM
- New Catfish species discovered in Arunachal