Kohima: Owning alcohol is risky in Nagaland since it is a banned in the state since 1989. The security forces especially the Assam Rifles is strict on enforcing the ban. Therefore when specific information was received on from Orchid Colony in Wokha on friday they acted swiftly.
The Assam rifles and local police launched a joint operation in the area. All protocals were followed as this is a part of an ongoing crackdown on illegal activities in the state.
The operation was a success and they recovered six cases and eight bottles of rum, one bottle of whisky and 12 cans of Kingfisher beer. They even arrested one person.
The details werer shared by the press officer of IGAR (N) on Saturday.
The arrested person along with the recovered items was been handed over to Wokha Police Station for further investigation.
- 89th anniversary of first flight, group says filled with JRD Tata’s spirit of adventure
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues