Imphal: Given the volatile law and order situation due to COVID-19 in Manipur, the Imphal West district administration has banned the sale and use of firecrackers during the Durga Puja festival.
District magistrate N Praveen Singh issued the order based on the recommendation given by Imphal West SP.
“Any injury and annoyance caused by the objects during the festival may result in serious breach of peace, disturbances to public tranquillity and danger to human lives and properties,” said Singh.
Sale and use of any form of fire crackers are prohibited under sub-section (2) of section 144 CrPC 1973. The order is effective from October 24 till the Durga Puja festival is over
- Manipur’s Mirabai Chanu has sight set on second world championship title
- Sikkim: NH 10 restored after 8 days of disruption
- Arunachal CM visits Tawang, interacts with India Army jawans
- Rahul Dravid formally applies for head coach’s post; Laxman in fray for NCA?
- Assam: Protests against Dabaka deforestation intensify
- Rijiju to meet state law ministers next month on judicial infrastructure