Imphal: Given the volatile law and order situation due to COVID-19 in Manipur, the Imphal West district administration has banned the sale and use of firecrackers during the Durga Puja festival.
District magistrate N Praveen Singh issued the order based on the recommendation given by Imphal West SP.
“Any injury and annoyance caused by the objects during the festival may result in serious breach of peace, disturbances to public tranquillity and danger to human lives and properties,” said Singh.
Sale and use of any form of fire crackers are prohibited under sub-section (2) of section 144 CrPC 1973. The order is effective from October 24 till the Durga Puja festival is over
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur