Real Madrid got the better of Barcelona in an entertaining El Casico as they went past the latter by 3-1 with goals from Federico Valverde, Sergio Ramos and Luka Modric.
It was a crazy opening 10 minutes in the game with Federico Valverde scoring the first goal for Madrid just five minutes into the game, in reply to which Ansu Fati scored an equaliser for Barcelona just three minutes later in the eight minute of the game.
The first half of the game was full of intensity with both the goalkeepers being kept busy, but none of the sides managed to find the goal eventually leading into half-time with the scoreboard reading 1-1.
Going into the second half Fati nearly had another one scored for Barca when he nutmegged Ramos before getting off a shot that flashed past the far post and out for a goal kick in 52nd minute of the game.
However, it was Ramos who eventually got his revenge scoring a penalty in the 63rd minute to give Real Madrid 2-1 lead.
With the game just about to end, Luka Modric got around Neto and fired the ball into an empty goal in the 90th minute, thus winning it for Madrid by 3-1 against Barcelona.
The victory comes in as a big relief for Madrid and Zinedine Zidane, after being handed with two shocking defeats by Cadiz in La Liga and Shakhtar Donestsk in the Champions League.
Barcelona 1 – 3 Real Madrid
Federico Valverde 5′
Ansu Fati 8′
Sergio Ramos 63′(P)
Luka Modric 90′
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali