In an unfortunate turn of events, legendary Indian cricketer and world-cup winning captain Kapil Dev suffered a massive heart attack on Friday. The 62-year old was immediately rushed to the Fortis Escort Hospital in Delhi where he underwent angioplasty.
An official press release issued by the Fortis Escort Hospital said, “Former Indian Cricket captain Kapil Dev, Age 62 years, came to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (Okhla Road) emergency department at 1:00 am on 23rd October with a complaint of chest pain. He was evaluated and an emergency coronary Angioplasty was performed by Dr. Atul Mathur, Director of Cardiology Department, in the middle of the night.”
The statement from the hospital further added, “Currently, he is admitted in ICU and under the close supervision of Dr. Atul Mathur and his team. Kapil Dev is stable now and he is expected to get discharged in a couple of days”
Kapil Dev was dealing with diabetes-related health issues, however, there was no such information of him suffering from any heart ailment, and the sudden news of his heart attack has left his fans across the globe in a total shock.
We wish the ‘Haryana Hurricane’ a speedy recovery.
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman