It was match number 39 of the Indian Premier League 2020 when the Kolkata Knight Riders took on the Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium on Wednesday and records went tumbling as the match progressed and eventually RCB went on to beat KKR by eight wickets. Both KKR and RCB created new records in the night, a few of which KKR would not want to see against their name for sure.
Also Read: IPL 2020|Virat Kohli led RCB thrashes KKR
Let’s take a look at some of the records created in yesterday’s game,
1. Rise of Mohammed Siraj: Mohammed Siraj of RCB became the first bowler in the history of IPL two bowl two maiden overs in a single game. He even did this in consecutive overs as he bowled his first two overs without giving away a single run picking up three crucial wickets in the form of Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana and Tom Banton respectively.
2. Most economical figures of IPL 2020: Mohammed Siraj’s bowling figures in yesterday’s match was the most economical figures of this season of the IPL as he delivered his four overs giving away just eight runs along with three wickets.
3. Highest number of maidens: The RCB bowlers managed to send down four maiden overs in the game, which happened for the first time in the history of IPL, with no more than two maidens being bowled in the same innings prior to yesterday’s game. Two maidens came from Mohammed Siraj and one each from Washington Sundar and Chris Morris.
4. Lowest team total without getting all-out: KKR posted the lowest total by any team playing out the full 20overs in their innings. The previous lowest total in full 20 overs was by Mumbai Indians when they scored 94/8 against Rajasthan Royals in 2011.
5. Virat Kohli hits 500 fours: The Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli became only the second player to hit 500 fours in the IPL history. He is behind swashbuckling India opener Shikhar Dhawan who tops the list with 575 fours.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali