Guwahati: Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Assam down town University (AdtU) celebrated its 7th Convocation Day on Monday. Unlike every year this year was extra special as AdtU decided to conduct the convocation virtually, with a huge attendance from students and parents from all over the country and abroad.
The event was live on AdtU’s official YouTube channel.
The chief guest for the event was Chancellor Dr NN Dutta along with Vice-Chancellor Prof (Dr) N C Talukdar and Dean of Studies Prof Bandana Dutta. Dignitaries from the academic world, industries, and AdtU trustees were also present there among others.
While dignitaries and small management team along with awardees were present for the event in person, the other students attended the event virtually.
This year a total of 860 students and scholars graduated, of which 647 are graduates, 209 are postgraduates, and 4 PhD degrees have been awarded.
AdtU also encourages students by awarding the title of ‘Best Graduate’ and ‘Best Post Graduate’ during convocation every year. This year the ‘Best Graduate’ was Napolina Kishor Pathak of BSc (Microbiology) and the ‘Best Post Graduate’ was Kashmiri Sonowal of M.Pharm.
In another achievement, this year also recorded the highest number of placements; a special award category of ‘Appreciation for the Best Placement Achiever’ of the year was awarded to Siddharth Das of BTech CT&IS. The student received seven placement offers bagging the highest package of INR 10 LPA.
- Tripura 2023: Not double engine, we need people’s engine, says Mamata
- Jaishankar, Bhutan’s Assembly speaker discuss economic ties
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 7
- Tripura 2023: UP CM Yogi warns of misgovernance if Cong-CPI(M) win
- Frontier Nagaland ‘deal’ leaves some eastern Nagas confused, others elated