Lawyer-activist Deepika Singh Rajawal stirred a controversy on Twitter by posting a cartoon on Monday highlighting women’s status around the year versus Navratri.
The lawyer who fought for justice in the Kathua rape and murder case, shared a critical cartoon captioned “Irony.” It shows a man touching the goddesses feet during Navratri, and during the rest of the days, the same man is lewdly holding both the legs of a woman.
This led to #ShamlessDeepika trending on the microblogging site since Wednesday morning.
The lawyer tweeted, a “right-wing” mob is assembled outside her residence, and she is trying to contact Jammu and Kashmir police, but to no avail.
Netizens accused Rajawat of being Hinduphobic and hurting religious sentiments.
They also called her out for her completely contrasting post during Eid, which was about spreading joy and happiness, while using a lecherous reference for Navratri.
There are almost 19,000 tweets with #ShamlessDeepika. Meanwhile, people have also spoken in support of the lawyer. Actor Sushant Singh retweeted her post with a caption,”#IStandWithDeepika_Rajawat”
Check out the reactions below:
- Boxing: Lovlina, Shiva in contention for place in AIBA athletes committee
- Mizoram reports 790 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 9%
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 26
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26
- Scindia flags off first Dibrugarh-Shillong direct flight
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out