Bollywood star Salman Khan’s brother, Sohail Khan has recently brought the Kandy Tuskers franchise for the upcoming Lanka Premier League, which is scheduled to be played from November 21 to December 13, 2020 at Pallekele and Hambantota.
Speaking about the same, Sohail Khan said, “There is lot of potential in the Lanka Premier League and we are really very happy to be part of this exciting initiative. Sri Lankan fans are very passionate about the game and I am sure they will come out in large numbers to support the team.”
The Kandy Tuskers frachise picked West Indies legend Chris Gayle along with their local icon Kusal Perera in the Players Draft on Monday. “Chris Gayle is obviously the Universal Boss, but he is not alone, we have a very good team, a good balance of youth and experience, and I am backing my team to play the final.” Sohail Khan said.
Sri Lanka Cricket Vice President and Lanka Premier League Tournament director Mr Ravin Wickramaratne in a press release said, “We are extremely glad that Sohail Khan International LLP is part the Kandy Tuskers consortium. Cricket and celluloid have been interconnected for long and presence of movie stars bring an element of fun, entertainment and glamour to the whole proceedings. I am sure Lankan fans will enjoy the Superstars’ presence in the League.”
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves