An explosion near Maskan Chowrangi in Karachi’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal area on Wednesday morning has led to at least 3 deaths and several injuries.
Local authorities say that all the injured and deceased have been taken to Patel Hospital. Rescue operations are underway to search for stranded people.
According to DD News, the blast took place in a 4-storey building in Gulshan-e-Iqbal area.
The nature of the blast is yet to be ascertained. Pakistani media reports state Mubina Town police SHO saying that it “seems to be a cylinder blast”, adding that the bomb disposal squad is arriving to verify the cause of the explosion.
The blast is suspected to have taken place on the second floor of a building. Eyewitnesses reported that the windows of nearby buildings as well as some vehicles were also damaged in the explosion.
Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has taken notice of blast and sought detailed report from Commissioner Karachi.
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market