The capital of Assam, Guwahati struggles with traffic. The city that has grown unplanned has small roads which gets clogged. Road infrastructure has developed at a snails pace. Ahead of elections the government fast tracked a much need flyover in one of the most congested areas, Ganeshguri.
The 425.50 meter-long flyover was completed in a record 19 months under the State-Owned Priority Development(SOPD) fund 2019-20. The project cost Rs. 58.78 crore.
The T-wing of Bishnurabha Flyover, popularly known as the Ganeshguri Flyover in Guwahati will be inaugurated tomorrow, on the day of the of Durga Puja Shashthi. This news has the city excited, with every media outlet reporting excitedly on the features of what is a standard flyover.
The inauguration will be a grand affair with the chief minister, Sarbananda Sonowal and his cabinet collogues dedicating the flyover to the public.
The citizens of Guwahati have already taken a liking with the bridge as people were seen out on the bridge for morning walks and strolls a day ahead of the official inauguration.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry