In a surprising move, India’s top badminton star PV Sindhu, who is currently ranked as World No.6 by Badminton World Federation(BWF), has left the national camp for the Olympic-bound players and is working with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) in London, to focus on her nutrition and recovery. The Indian shuttler posted in her Instagram.
Sindhu had earlier pulled out of the Denmark Open denting her chances to qualify for the World Tour Final, after the BWF decided against handing automatic invitations to current world champions in the season-ending tournament.
The BWF had to postpone the Thomas and Uber Cup after a number of teams pulled out due to the coronavirus pandemic this year.
Last month, even the Indian training camp for Thomas and Uber Cup had to be cancelled after multiple Indian shuttlers had refused to comply with Sports Authority of India’s quarantine norms.
- 89th anniversary of first flight, group says filled with JRD Tata’s spirit of adventure
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues