Imphal: Manipur continued to reel under the rapid spread of COVID-19 with over 284 more testing positive on Tuesday.
At least 14 doctors and two lab technicians from the hospital contracted the virus in the last 24 hours informed JNIMS medical superintendent in-charge, Prof N Kameshore Singh.
So far, altogether 120 healthcare workers, including 70 doctors from the hospital contracted to the virus while performing their COVID-19 duty, in which around 20 doctors recovered.
As mentioned in the health bulletin, all the 284 new cases (277 locals and seven security personnel) were tested positive for COVID-19 from 23 testing centres in the state.
The total COVID-19 cases in Manipur rose to 16,062, in which 12,059 recovered and 3,882 remained as active cases.
The new cases from the general population reported from Imphal West (109), Imphal East (58), Thoubal (14), Ukhrul (3), Jiribam (1), Noney (1), Kangpokpi (9), Kakching (14), Tamenglong (34), Churachandpur (15), Tengnoupal (6), Senapati (1) and Bishnupur (12).
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, four male patients, aged 58, 79, 62 and 41 from Churachandpur, Thoubal, Imphal West and Imphal East succumbed to the disease, taking the deaths toll to 121.
- Those celebrating Pak win vs India to be jailed: J-K BJP chief
- Israel to expand partnership with Indian academic institutions
- Manipur’s Mirabai Chanu has sight set on second world championship title
- Sikkim: NH 10 restored after 8 days of disruption
- Arunachal CM visits Tawang, interacts with India Army jawans
- Rahul Dravid formally applies for head coach’s post; Laxman in fray for NCA?