Kohima: The Kohima police arrested three persons accused of stealing LPG cylinders from residents of Kohima. Eight LPG cylinders and one LCD TV was recovered during the raid.
Kohima police PRO informed that on October 5, one of the accused identified as Dzuthzo Tsavito Zhimo from Ighavito village under Zunheboto district was apprehended by the local youth of Pezielietsie colony in Kohima.
The accused was produced at the Kohima North Police Station and charged for theft of LPG cylinder from the house of one of the residents of the colony. Accordingly, a case was registered, and the accused were taken into custody.
In the course of the police investigation, the accused named two of his accomplices, Vetsuto Nakro and Shevoto Getsa from Pholami Village, who were also taken into custody.
The two were arrested on Monday from Pfutsero town under Phek district with the assistance of the Pfutsero Police Station.
The Kohima police recovered eight LPG cylinders and one LCD TV, which were stolen by the trio from different localities within Kohima town during the last week of September and the first week of October.
The Kohima police identified the owners and handed over the stolen items.
- Assam reports 384 new COVID cases, 4 more fatalities
- In Shillong, black flags and black balloons mark protest against fuel price hike
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 22
- Assam: Protests against govt’s proposal to fell 5,000 trees for four-lane project
- Actor Ananya Panday appears before NCB for second day