The Indian Railways is all set to run 392 festival special trains starting from today till November 30, in anticipation of a passenger rush during the festive season, amidst the wake of a pandemic. These festival special trains will operate for 40 days only and are in addition to the special trains which are already plying.
The fare applicable for these services will be equal to that of the earlier special trains, and the timing of these trains will be as per regular trains.
The special trains will be run for destinations such as Kolkata, Patna, Varanasi, Lucknow among others to cater to the growing demand in the ensuing holiday period of Durga Puja, Dussehra, Diwali and Chhatt puja , the Railway Ministry said in a statement.
Check the full list of festival special trains here:
The Railway Protection Force has issued a detail guideline for travellers which includes not wearing a mask or wearing one improperly, not maintaining social distancing, coming to railway area or station or boarding a train after having been declared COVID-19 positive.
The offence and its punishment ranges anywhere between a fine of Rs. 100 Rs. 2,500. Imprisonment can be anywhere between three months to five years, said RPF DG Arun Kumar
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life