In a tragic road accident that occurred in Jalukbari of Guwahati on Monday, resulted in the death of a young lady. According to reports the girl who has been identified as Sumon Vaishya was moving towards Dharapur from Jalukbari in her scooty, when she met with a fatal accident at the Satmile area, near Gauhati University in the evening hours on Monday.
Also Read: J-K police officer shot dead near his house in Anantnag
Reportedly, a loaded truck hit her scooty from behind and smashed her along with the scooty, resulting in her death on the spot. The deceased, Sumon Vaishya was 26-years of age at the time of her death and she hailed from Satmile, Guwahati.
Immediately after the incident, locals blocked the road demanding action against rash driving. The police finally had to resort to lathi-charge in order to bring situation under control.
Later in the evening, The Joint Commissioner of Police reached the spot and inspected the situation.
Also Read: World champ PV Sindhu quits national Olympic camp due to personal reasons
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur