Actress Payal Ghosh, who had filed a rape case against filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, in her latest statements, has revealed that she confided in Irfan Pathan regarding her encounter with the filmmaker.
Earlier in September, Payal Ghosh had accused filmmaker Anurag Kashyap of misconduct at workplace in an interview. Later that month, she filed an FIR, accusing him of rape. In response to this, Anurag Kashyap’s lawyer issued an statement on his behalf stating that all the allegations laid upon him are ‘false, malicious and dishonest’.
In recents unfurling to the case, the actress has taken a dig on the former Indian cricketer Irfan Pathan, saying that inspite of claiming to be a ‘good friend’, he has chosen to keep ‘mum’.
She also clarified that she does not store any interest in him but expects him to speak up owing to his belief in his faith and elderly parents.
Ghosh had also dragged the names of Huma Qureshi, Mahie Gill, and Richa Chadha, while alleging that Kashyap had said that the actors would offer him sexual favours. Subsequently Richa Chadha filed a lawsuit in the High Court against her for making defamatory statements in the public. The plea of this defamation suit of Rs. 1.1 crore stated that Ghosh’s claims were ‘false, frivolous and vexatious’.
On Wednesday, Payal Ghosh rendered an ‘unconditional apology’ at Bombay High Court in the form of an undertaking and the case has been disposed off.
- Trudeau’s Liberals win Canada election, but miss majority
- NSCN faction chief advocates ‘one solution’ for Naga issue
- Police encounters unabated in Assam, another drug dealer injured
- Adrian Pratt new director of American Center Kolkata
- Arunachal logs 56 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Can’t give ‘judicial diktat’ to send children to schools: SC