The Assam Police in Bongaigaon district conducted raids and search operations against IPL bookies and successfully busted a betting racket on Sunday.
As confirmed by the Bongaigaon Police’s Twitter handle, after a continuous operation carried out by a team of Bongaigaon Police, they managed to arrest one alleged bookie-cum-gambler and recovered Rs. 2,71,600, while one of the accused managed to flee the site, and the team of police recovered an amount of Rs. 2,56,350.
The Assam Police have been massively successful against the gamblers and the bookies of IPL, in the past couple of weeks. The Jorhat Police arrested three persons in connection with illegal betting on the current season of the Indian Premier Legue (IPL) from Titabor last week, where the police recovered notebooks, mobile phones, and cash worth Rs. 1,04,100 .
The Indian Premier League is underway in the UAE in a bio-secure bubble. Police in different states are actively investigating several organised illegal betting groups. The perpetrators operate in utmost secrecy working in trusted circles, making it difficult for the police to track. According to top police sources, organised rings operate from obscure towns with the help of local administration in some instances.
Last month, two betting rackets were busted in the country—the first in Bengaluru where the police arrested three persons. In the second incident, the Jaipur Police arrested three persons, for allegedly betting on the ongoing IPL.
Also Read: IPL betting unabated across India?
- Assam reports 384 new COVID cases, 4 more fatalities
- In Shillong, black flags and black balloons mark protest against fuel price hike
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 22
- Assam: Protests against govt’s proposal to fell 5,000 trees for four-lane project
- Actor Ananya Panday appears before NCB for second day