Guwahati: A Chinese soldier has been caught by the Indian Army near Chumar-Demchok area of Ladakh on Monday morning.
As per Army sources, the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldier was identified as Corporal Wang Yalong, an armourer, someone who repairs small arms. He was carrying his civil and military documents when capture. He was not carrying any weapons.
The soldier claims to have transgressed to recover his yaks who cross over in the area. However, Indian Military and intelligence are probing espionage angle.
Sources say, “He might have entered Indian territory inadvertently. He will be returned to the Chinese Army as per established protocol after following due procedure.”
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP