Guwahati: Acting on a tip off, Assam police has recovered 6 packets of heroin weighing 3 kg and 45 grams at a special Naka was set up by inspector-in-charge of Laharijan PP on October 18.
Sub inspector, Manujjal Gogoi along with other police officials raided a 6-wheeler truck bearing registration No AS 04 AC 5213 at about 5.30 in the morning and after conducting a thorough search of the vehicle, 6 packets containing heroin were discovered.
The police have arrested two people named Rame Gurung aged 27, hailing from Senapati district of Manipur and 33-year old Bhim Gurung belonging to Imphal district in Manipur under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
The drugs were seized following the procedure provided under the NDPS Act, physically supervised by officer John Das of Assam Police Service (APS), sub divisional police officer, Bokajan and officer-incharge of Dilai police station and sub inspector Raju Bahadur Chetry.
Based on preliminary interrogation, it has been revealed that drugs were being smuggled to Guwahati from Imphal.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines