Guwahati: After escalation along Assam-Mizoram border on Saturday night, Mizoram cabinet on Sunday decided to beef up the security in the disturbed area. Chief Secretaries of Mizoram, Assam and Union Home Secretary will attend a video call on Monday morning to resolve the issue of border areas.
A statement by the home department, government of Mizoram said that it expects the Assam government to take urgent measures. It said, “the Cabinet expressed regret over the unilateral and provocative acts of disturbing public peace and harmony in the border area at three locations – Thinghlun, Saihapui ‘V’ and Vairengte – of Mizoram by the district administrations of Cachar and Karimganj district and expects that the Government of Assam will take urgent measures to restore normalcy in these areas.”
Further, to ensure security for the residents of the disturbed border areas, and to avoid untoward incident, security will be beefed up in these areas.
Also, the home department informed that due to road blockade organised by Assam at entry points of inter-state highways highway connecting the two states, so entry of essential commodities has been stopped.
The state government added that efforts are underway to obtain essential items like LPG and POL through other neighbouring states, and requested people not to indulge in hoarding.
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26
- Scindia flags off first Dibrugarh-Shillong direct flight
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out
- Lack of skills biggest barrier in digital learning: OUP study
- Russia’s coronavirus deaths mark another high
- Rajasthan teacher sacked over ‘we won’ post following India’s loss to Pakistan