Rajasthan Royals post a competitive total of 177/6 against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
Deciding to bat first after winning the toss, the Rajasthan Royals got off to a great start with Robin Uthappa and Ben Stokes 50 runs for the first wicket in the powerplay, before Chris Morris dismissed Ben Stokes for 15 in the sixth over.
Rajasthan Royals faced a mild scare as Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Robin Uthappa(41) and Sanju Samson(9) in back to back deliveries in the eight over reducing the Rajasthan Royals at 69/3.
Steve Smith and Jos Buttler then steadied the ship for Rajasthan as they added 58 runs for the fourth wicket before Buttler was dismissed for 24 runs in the 16th over.
Steve Smith made sure the run rate did not fall back for Rajasthan as he smashed a scintilating 36-ball-57. A late cameo from Rahul Tewatia of 19 runs made sure that Rajasthan reach a competitive total of 177 for the loss of six wickets at the end of 20 overs.
Chris Morris was the best of the RCB bowlers as he picked up four wickets giving away just 26 runs in his four overs.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali