Aizawl: With 16 fresh cases of COVID-19 infection reported on Saturday, it it has taken Mizoram’s tally up to at 2,245, an official said on Saturday.
With this the number of active cases in the state has now gone up to 112 with 2,133 people recovered from the virus till Friday, the official added.
The official further mentioned that out of the 16 new cases that were reported; 11 persons tested positive from Aizawl district, 2 from Lawngtlai district and one case each was reported from Kolasib, Saitual and Champhai districts.
14 patients in total; 11 in Aizawl, 2 in Lawngtlai and one in Serchhip district, seemed to have no travel history and were diagnosed during contact tracing. However, the state is yet to ascertain how the other 9 patients got infected by the coronavirus.
Two patients from Champhai and Saitual districts had recently travelled to Tripura and Assam respectively.
The official also informed that the patients comprising of 5 males and 11 females are out currently of danger and most of them are cases of asymptomatic infection.
Mizoram has reported zero deaths due to Covid-19 as on Friday.
The state altogether till Friday had collected 95,287 samples for testing including 1,703 samples that were collected on Friday.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali