Ride-sharing app Uber has appointed Manikandan Thangarathnam as senior director to steer all rider and platform engineering groups in Bangalore.
Thangarathnam is a well-known face in tech circles. He comes with over 20 years of experience in spearheading engineering efforts across global majors, including a 13-year stint at Amazon, building several core platforms and products.
In his most recent role, he led engineering efforts for the Amazon Appstore and was instrumental in bootstrapping the tech major’s Chennai office and building a vast team of engineers.
“Mani’s addition to Uber’s group is a part of Uber’s overarching imaginative and prescient to strengthen its tech capabilities, as the corporate is positioning India as a expertise hub, constructing and innovating for the world,” Uber stated in a press release.
The firm has additionally introduced to rent 85 engineers within the nation along with 140 engineers introduced to be employed final month.
Uber recently also hired Jayaram Valliyur as senior director to lead its global finance technology team, spread across multiple geographies. Prior to Uber, Jayaram, too, worked at Amazon for 14 years, where he was responsible for bootstrapping and scaling its India development centre.
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader