Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) investigation of Assam has revealed that prime accused in the cash-for-job scam in the Assam Police, former Deputy Inspector General (DIG) PK Dutta, owns property worth Rs 79 crore in different parts of Assam.
During his working period (1992-2019) in the Assam Police, Dutta amassed a mountain of property in the state. The information of his properties came to light during the primary investigation of the registered FIR, 10/2020 by the ACB.
According to the FIR, a total of Rs 79 crore worth of properties are registered in his wife Swapnashree Dutta, daughter Banamuri Dutta and sister’s husband Abhinandan Kakati’s name. His properties include a 1600 bigha tea garden in Cachar worth Rs 32 crore, a residential building Bhargav residency worth Rs 3 crore in Cachar, rubber garden in a 1200 bigha land worth Rs 24 crore, 4 hotels in Guwahati worth Rs 16 crore, and equity shares of Rs 2,21,42,200.
The three family members of PK Dutta have companies registered as M/S Mahamaya Estate Private Limited, M/S Muraricommodities Private Limited, and Ishan Commercial Private Limited.
Dutta is also involved in other illegal works like land encroachments, etc.
It is to be mentioned that Dutta who was on the run was arrested from the Kakarbhitta area along the Indo-Nepal border. Later on Tuesday, a court in Guwahati sent him to a 14-day judicial custody.
- Assam health min holds talks with agitating doctors
- Mizoram: Former BJP spokesperson Lalhriatrenga Chhangte joins Congress
- No COVID death in Assam for first time since second wave struck
- Odisha teacher kidnapping case: Charred body of suspected victim found; key accused held
- Experts explain what is causing heavy rains in Uttarakhand, Kerala
- Sheikh Hasina orders immediate action against those who incited violence using religion