Samajwadi Party (SP) leader and former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Mulayam Singh Yadav tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday. The 80-year-old leader is presently asymptomatic and under medical observation.
His party’s official Twitter handle put out a statement on Wednesday evening: “Samajwadi Party founder Netaji Mulayam Singh Yadav is under the supervision of doctors after he tested positive for the novel coronavirus. So far, he has no corona symptoms.”
Yadav, in August, had been admitted to a private hospital as he complained of abdominal pain following an infection in the urinary tract.
Also, in April, Yadav was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Lucknow after he complained of weakness. According to the hospital, he had mild uncontrolled diabetes.
The SP leader is currently the MP from Mainpuri in Uttar Pradesh. He has previously served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for three terms.
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam