Imphal: Private schools in Manipur’s Churachandpur district private schools have decided not to collect fees from the students for six months from April to September.
The School Students’ Parents and Guardians Association of Churachandpur (SSPGAC), expressed gratitude to the schools, for the significant decision taken.
As per reports, the decision was made in collaboration with Kuki Students’ Organisation (KSO), Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), Siamsin Pawlpi (SSPP), All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) and All Manipur Students Guardians Organisation (AMSGO).
Also Read: Manipur: School fees row continues, AMSU stands against 30% fees from students
Earlier, the state education department issued an order to all private and aided schools to collect 30 per cent of tuition fees from April onwards.
However, the All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) opposed this decision of the government. The student body felt that the government should pay teacher salaries without burdening the parents.
Also Read: Parents refuse to pay school fees in Manipur
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day