Imphal: Private schools in Manipur’s Churachandpur district private schools have decided not to collect fees from the students for six months from April to September.
The School Students’ Parents and Guardians Association of Churachandpur (SSPGAC), expressed gratitude to the schools, for the significant decision taken.
As per reports, the decision was made in collaboration with Kuki Students’ Organisation (KSO), Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), Siamsin Pawlpi (SSPP), All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) and All Manipur Students Guardians Organisation (AMSGO).
Earlier, the state education department issued an order to all private and aided schools to collect 30 per cent of tuition fees from April onwards.
However, the All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) opposed this decision of the government. The student body felt that the government should pay teacher salaries without burdening the parents.
Also Read: Parents refuse to pay school fees in Manipur
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs