The upcoming engineering college to be established in Assam’s Bihali is being named after the great Gorkha freedom fighter Chabilal Upadhyaya, who fought against the British colonial rule.
Upadhaya was also the first president of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee.
An order to this effect was issued by the higher education (technical) department on October 13.
State education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma shared the information via a tweet, “I’m so very happy to share that the engineering college coming up at Bihali is being named as Chabilal Upadhyaya Engineering College, Bihali with immediate effect. The higher education (technical) dept has issued an order to this effect on October 13, 2020 (enclosed).
Born in Sonitpur district, Upadhyay was a prominent leader of the pre-independence India from the Gorkha community.
- Dead fish found floating in Rabindra Sarobar
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 25
- HC fixes for final hearing pleas to approve same-sex marriages under law
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 25
- Film bodies condemn attack on Prakash Jha and his ‘Aashram’ crew
- Cruise drugs case: Actor Ananya Panday fails to appear before NCB