Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi’s Mumbai residence was raided by Bengaluru Police on Thursday in connection to the ongoing sandalwood drug probe. Earlier, former Karnataka minister late Jeevaraj Alva’s son Aditya Alva’s residence was also raided in connection with the case. The police conducted the raid for almost two and a half hours before leaving the spot.
The raid at Vivek Oberoi’s residence was conducted over his ties with Karnataka minister’s son Aditya Alva, who is currently on the run and was being probed for his involvement in the drug scandal case.
Bangalore additional commissioner while speaking to the media on the ongoing probe said, “Aditya Alva is absconding. Vivek Oberoi is his relative and we had information that Alva is present there. So we wanted to check, a court warrant was obtained and the CCB team has gone to his house in Mumbai.”
The Bengaluru Police were assisted by the local police in Mumbai during the raid. An official said “Also, he may know his whereabouts. So this action was taken. Raid is still going on.”
Actors Sanjjanaa Galrani and Ragini Dwivedi have been arrested so far in connection with the drug scandal case. Judicial custody of both the arrested actors have been extended till 23rd October by the special Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Netflix review: ‘After We Fell’ is boring, slow and awful in every aspect
- ‘Jai Shree Ram’ won’t reduce fuel cost: TMC protests against BJP in Tripura
- Boxing: Lovlina, Shiva in contention for place in AIBA athletes committee
- Mizoram reports 790 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 9%
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 26
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26